Minutes Of Steering Committee (SC) Meeting No.6

MINUTES OF STEERING COMMITTEE (SC) MEETING No.6

held on the 29th January 2014 at

Mannings Heath Village Hall

Commencing at 8.00pm

PRESENT

O. Hydes (Chairman), P. Bullen (Vice Chairman), R. Webber (Secretary),  J. Fortune, M. Kenny,

J Le Rossignol (Deputy Secretary), D. Livingstone, P. Lusty (Publicity Officer),  S. Hurst,

F Bayo (AirS)

Three members of the public were also present

01/290114   WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS

OH welcomed everybody to meeting No 6. He explained that at his discretion he could invite Val Court, Chair of Nuthurst Parish Council to speak on any agenda item.

02/290114 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

F. Brennan (Treasurer), D England, P. Smith, R. Webber (Secretary)

03/290114   CHAIRMAN INTRODUCTORY REMARKS

OH announced that the Slaugham Neighbourhood Plan had been rejected by the Inspector. She had given a variety of reasons but the prime reason was that she felt that the Strategic Environmental Assessment carried out had not met the requirements of the relevant EU regulation. OH is anxious to ensure that our NP is not rejected and has asked JLR to review other reports by the Inspectors and produce a summary of positive and negative points that they had made. Action JLR

04/290114   DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were none.

05/290114 APPROVAL OF MINUTES

The minutes of meeting no 5 held on 7 January 2014 were approved and signed by OH.

06/290114   MATTERS ARISING

There were no matters arising that were not covered by the agenda.

07/290114     PUBLIC FORUM

Three matters were raised which arose from comments made by the Inspector regarding the Slaugham Report.   There was concern expressed as to how local housing needs are determined  for the NP; also concern regarding the criticisms made by the Inspector as to how new Build Targets were determined; and the Inspector’s criticism of the site assessment process where she stated that the whole site assessment process should be more open, transparent and robust requiring consultation with all relevant parties, including District Councils, the Environment Agency, the land owner and others in the vicinity and Utility Companies. It was suggested that all residents, not just land owners, should be able to suggest sites for development.

F Bayo responded that there was some concern regarding the some of the comments made by the Inspector in the Slaugham case which did not seem to take into account the level of information and guidance that had been provided by the local authority and as a result some comments were a little unfair. There was also a one year time gap between the creation of the Plan and the evaluation, during which time some changes had occurred outside the control of the NP Committee which impacted the accuracy of the proposals.

FB confirmed that the procedures that will be followed in Nuthurst will be thorough and will allow all parties to propose sites.  HDC has not provided information regarding the numbers and types of new dwellings they would be expecting in the Nuthurst Parish and would currently be looking to the NP to propose figures based on full and justifiable evidence.  FB stated that it appeared from Inspector’s reports produced to date that local evidence seems to carry more weight than figures in unapproved District Plans.

It was agreed that the current processes in place to request sites and the issuing of questionnaires to all households  was sufficient for the present and should provide the evidence required  to make sensible decisions However we should reconsider the matter when we know what responses we have received to the requests for sites and to the questionnaires.

08/290114   TREASURER’S REPORT

Frank Brennan was absent but he had produced a financial status report. It was agreed that the Column headed ‘Expenditure to Date’ should say ‘Expenditure/Income to Date’.

09/290114 REPORT ON LAUNCH OF NEW WEBSITE

Our new website: nuthurstplan.wordpress.com is now live and contains all document, reports, .notices, surveys etc. The new website will be advertised in the next issue of LINK and on all NP notices placed on the parish notice boards.  OH expressed thanks to Simon Hurst for his efforts.

10/290114 FOCUS GROUP REPORTS

The Focus Group Representatives had nothing to report other than their “closing reports” for the next agenda item.

11/290114 FOCUS GROUP CLOSING REPORTS

Three Focus Group “closing reports” are now complete and circulated.’ Farming, Environment and Countryside has been delayed due to illness and other unforeseen events but it is anticipated that it will be available soon.

Housing and Development

PB reported that he was very pleased with the content and accuracy of the report and felt that it would stand up to examination.

Community, Infrastructure and Local Economy

SH reported that the task was complete and there was nothing more to add at this time.

Traffic and Transport

DL is intending to produce a summary of the report for the final State of the Parish Report.

It was agreed that the final summary reports that go into the State of the Parish Report will be produced when the results of the Questionnaires are known as they may alter some aspects.

OH thanked everyone involved for their efforts and for doing such a great job.  OH advised that the full reports should be put on the website when the State of the Parish Report is available.

12/290114 GENERAL SURVEY AND HOUSING NEEDS SURVEY

The two questionnaires have been printed and will be delivered by the volunteers in the coming days. The final version of the general survey includes some modifications to the Farming questions as requested by MK.  Responses are requested by 17 February 2014. Residents should be urged to complete the surveys at every opportunity as it is important that a high response rate is achieved.

13/290114 BUSINESS EVENT

The Business Event was held at the Mannings Heath Hotel on 21 January. 15 businesses attended out of the 65 invited and the event was regarded as a very successful get together.  All businesses have been or will be asked to complete a short questionnaire. SH agreed to analyse the responses. OH thanked RW for organising the event and SH, PB, MK and F Bayo for their involvement at the event.

14/290114   YOUNG PEOPLE’S WORKSHOPS

MK reported that 2 events had been held. Firstly with a group of key stage 2 children from Nuthurst Primary School on 28 January 2014 (a film of the event gave a glimpse of the enthusiastic participation of the youngsters) and secondly with a group of secondary school children on 29 January 2014.  The children were asked what they liked and did not like about their environment and what they would like to see different in future.  A further event is to be held at Nuthurst School on 4 February 2014 with the remaining key stage 1 children.

OH thanked MK and F Bayo for their magnificent efforts. Photos of the events together with the comments made will be added to the website.

A repeat exercise was suggested for the Church Youth Group.

15/290114   CALL FOR SITES

The call for sites has been placed on all the Parish notice boards and is on the website.  If anyone knows of sites that they think should be considered but have not been put forward, it would be worthwhile approaching the owner to check that he/she is aware of the request.

DL advised that we will not know what will be in the revised SHLAA until March. We should look at it when it is available to assess how it compares to our results.

AirS will prepare site assessment reports at the appropriate time.

16/290114   SUGGESTIONS FOR MATTERS TO BE CONSIDERED AT THE NEXT MEETING

Topics for next meeting. Update on results of Questionnaires and reports on Young People and Business Events.  Update on State of Parish report which has to be finalised by 21 March 2014. Consideration of Stakeholders Workshop scheduled for early April and Land Owners presentations to Steering Committee describing their proposals for consideration for inclusion in the Neighbourhood Plan.

17/290114 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Next meeting Tuesday, 25th February at Copsale Village Hall at 8.00pm

OH declared the meeting closed at 9.40pm.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s